“From Struggle to Success” Dream! Believe! Achieve!
Have you ever wondered how great ideas are born? We have to agree that most of the ideas are born as a solution to a problem that we or the people around us are experiencing.
This article will introduce you Arunraj Rajendran. He is a co-founder and CEO of Fillip Tech Solutions (http://filliptech.com). He wants to be a serial entrepreneur and to build a company that creates world class products by leveraging technology.
1. What is your idea/ business about? How the idea was born?
Fillip Tech is into IT services business. Its main focus is on solving customers’ business problems with technology. We have a wide range of services from application development, mobility, MS stack, open source, QA and testing etc.
Apart from Filip Tech, I am also working on couple of products.
Since my products are in the early stage of development, I can’t reveal the complete idea to the public. My first product is in pet’s domain, leveraging technology and mobility to create a better place for pets and pet lovers.
My second product is a platform that would open up more job opportunities and would help software companies grow faster.
The ideas behind these products are born from the personal problems I have experienced. Also, I have noticed that many people are experiencing the same issues in their everyday life. My products will serve as a solution to these problems.
2. Tell me about yourself and your team?
We started as a two-member team.
I, completed my Bachelor degree in IT from GRD College of Science and PGDM,
specialized in Marketing, Systems and Operations. I brought in experience from Business/Product Analyst and Digital Marketing.
Praveen is the other half of the team. He completed the same bachelor degree as me. He also had MS Informations Systems from the UK. He brought in experience from Sales.
3. What are the main struggles that you have experienced?
As an early stage startup, we have faced the common problems that every startup, that doesn’t have financial background or proven record, faces.
- Money – You need money to run your day-to-day operations. Believe me, starting a company is not that easy without having money. We started from zero, we were not backed by any investors, we bootstrapped and we ran. Today I am proud with the progress we have made.
- Trust – If you don’t have proven record and if you are a rookie who is out on the market, it is definitely difficult to make others trust you. Getting your first customer is the biggest challenge.
- Focusing on too many things – Being young and energetic, we try to grab all the opportunities, that come our way and at times we forget our vision on why we have started up.
- Not tech savvy – That was our main problem. We were in tech business and both of our co-founders were not tech guys.
4. How did you solve your problems?
- Money – Bootstrap. This is the first option you have. Build something great then pitch it to investors.
- Trust – Try to make use of your existing contacts to get your first business, and use it as a foundation to build the next one.
- Focus – Focus on your vision. Don’t get diverted from your vision.
- Not tech savvy – If you don’t have a skill, get a person who has that skill. Running a successful business is not necessarily that you should have all the skills. If you have the right people with you, they will help you in building your business. Always dare to hire people, who are better than you. Trust me that will help your business in the long run.
5. If you had a chance what would you do differently?
I would have right away started my startup after college. I regret for the 2 years I spent working for someone else.
6. What was the best advice you got and what was the worst?
- Best advice: I got this advice from my dad
If you fail, don’t feel bad. Get up and fight.
If you succeed, don’t feel excited. Fight harder to go greater heights.
- Worst advice:Are you crazy to be an entrepreneur? You can’t do it.
7. What will be your advice to other entrepreneurs?
As Nike’s slogan says, “Just do it”! Only way you can be a successful entrepreneur is to “Stop dreaming and start doing.
Always remember, “Don’t stop learning throughout your life, just keep learning and apply those learnings”. All the best.
We hope you enjoyed reading this story and if you want to share your own great story, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
July 22, 2016