by Jose Morales
I’ve seen an unfolding trend among fellow entrepreneurs, a strong wish to find alternative ways to understand how to live an amazing life without the pressure of paying the bills at the end of the month. That curiosity brings many of us to different areas of research, from ancient philosophies, many approaches to spirituality to modern theories of business. In other words, it is an amazing renaissance of self empowerment through knowledge, with a special focus on inter-cultural wisdom.
Through my own research and practice I’m finding some ever changing definitions and questions that I’d like to share with you. I rather call them reflections because they didn’t arrive yet to a final condition. I apologize for the lack of detail, but my effort is to make the following ideas to fit in a page, so please take this article as a conversation starter… or killer.
Reflections on Being
– I experience what I am, not what I wish to be or what I was. Being, or what I am, is the sum of what I love, fear, feel, think, wish, resist, say, do or not do. Being is the present state of my life experience. Do you feel as you are a consequence of what you did in the past?
– My state of mind gets mirrored in my surroundings. I feel the blues, I perceive the world supporting that feeling; I dance and sing in the shower, everything seems to be a reason for celebration. Until external circumstances affect my state of mind. Who has the power to decide how do you feel, external circumstances or yourself?
– Fabricating a sense of positive thinking reinforces the lack of positivity. Trying hard to think positive doesn’t resolve the source of that pessimism. What do you do to infuse some positive vibes when you are feeling down?
– I am more than what I think, therefore I am first, then I may think. I guess René Descartes was wrong. If your thinking mind is all you are, who keeps your body functions in check?
– Feelings are a complex warning system designed to communicate messages that my conscious mind isn’t thinking about, as for example: stop and rest. Do you ignore, repress or pay attention to your feelings of: nervousness, fear, resistance, defensiveness, reactiveness, tiredness, depression, etc.
– “If you do what’s right you’ll get what you want”. I find that statement totally wrong, it infuses a sense of unjustified competition and ads a condition where few are worthy and rest not. Do you feel unworthy when not achieving what you want?
Reflections on money
– I have seen some “bad guys” making more money than I do. Therefore, I know money isn’t an award, it is compensation. Are you trying to fabricate a need in order to get compensated? Are you trying to be good to deserve money?
– Once you have it, money can buy certain sense of safety, but It can’t buy a certainty of safety. What do you have accessible today that makes you feel safe?
– I like the idea of creating myself instead of discovering myself. Every day is the placeholder for experiencing my life as I want it to be. What do you do every day that goes in line with the best version of yourself?
– Following my passions makes me feel happy, but that doesn’t necessarily pay the bills. Knowing that, I’m able to take care of myself and my family brings me the confidence I need to follow my passions with freedom. Are you delegating the responsibility of your well being to someone else?
Let us put the things on a balance where one of the sides is the Entrepreneurship representing freedom and independence, and on the other side is the Unconsciousness representing unchallenged beliefs and powerlessness.
An authentic entrepreneur has a winning mindset where ideas like responsibility, self empowerment, creativity, innovation, curiosity, diversity, imagination, cooperation, growth and sustainability have a special space.
Featured image source :drugrehabfl.net
October 27, 2016
April 30, 2016
March 24, 2016